Thursday, 25 August 2011

'Oh yes oh yes oh yes, Mummy'

Currently sitting in a coffee shop feeling slightly weary of the world in general (as is usual for a grey Tuesday morning) when I overhear (and see) something that the 'modern man' side of my brain tells me shouldn't bother me, but the adolescent emotionally fatigued side tells me to freak out at. Anyway, I think at 9am (ish. Shut up, it is. Oh, ok then 10.45. That's still early for a student. Like 6am for normal people. Ish.) it is worth noting.

Picture the scene, woman walks in with baby and toddler. Nothing unusual about that, particularly, both children seem to have the correct number of heads etc... What is a bit weird is when said woman sits down to breastfeed her child (again, not particularly troubling, even to me, the man who never gets past the 'o' in 'perio...' before running away) the one-headed toddler (just to be clear) starts screaming "oh yes oh yes oh yes Mummy, me too, please" before grabbing at the remaining available teet. This continues for a while.

Is this ok to be a little bit weirded-out by? Or should I - at the age of 24 - really be able to deal with this particular part of life's natural progression? Answers on a postcard, please (or, failing that, below)...

I think i'll keep my coffee black today.

No comments:

Post a Comment